Chamomile-Grapefruit Sparkler (cooling & calming)
Chamomile Syrup (see recipe below)
- Juice the grapefruit
- Add the grapefruit juice to a glass with ice, then stir in the Chamomile syrup
- Optional: Add 1-2 fl oz of gin or vodka
- Top the glass with tonic or seltzer water
- Add ¼ tsp of Dreamer’s Bitters and give a stir
- Garnish with bee pollen, a slice of grapefruit, or fresh chamomile flowers
* Make your own with our DIY Blend, our Tonic Syrup or use a pre-made high-quality, craft tonic water without high fructose corn syrup or artificial flavors
1 oz Dried Chamomile flowers
1 cup Honey
- Add 1 oz dried chamomile flowers and 16 fl oz of water to a small sauce pot.
- Bring to a boil and immediately remove from heat. Cover the pot with a lid and let steep for 10 minutes.
- Strain the chamomile from the liquid using a fine mesh strainer or sieve. You should have 12 fl oz of infusion.
- Add 1/2 cup of honey to every cup of infusion. If you yielded 12 fl oz of infusion, add 3/4 cups honey. If you only got 8 fl oz of infusion, just add 1/2 cup of honey (This doesn’t have to be exact, it’s more a matter of preference; you can add equal parts honey and infusion if you like it sweeter. The more honey you add, the longer the syrup will keep.
- Store the syrup in an airtight container and keep refrigerated. It will keep for 2-4 weeks.